[78-L] They are practically Giving away the Vitaphone DVD set!

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Dec 6 11:59:27 PST 2009

I had ordered my copy as soon as it came out, at full price
unfortunately, but I have had it for two weeks.  As you probably know,
these are DVD-R not pressed DVDs, but the labels are very well printed
like regular pressed DVDs.  The format trademark logo is "DVD
Download".  There is no region marking on these, so I assume they are
no-region, but they are RCC copy protected.  There is an interesting
notice on the box "This disc is expected to play back in DVD Video 'play
only' devices, and may not play back in other DVD devices including
recorders and PC drives."  Sure enough, my computer drive can't play it,
but my newest Magnavox recorder does.  I haven't tried my other
recorders because I don't trust them.  I never use my recorders for
playing regular discs anyway, but just wanted to test this out.  But it
would be interesting to see if you are able to play them on your computers.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com