[78-L] Now you has jazz

Jan Hovers janhovers at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 6 07:44:29 PST 2009

Dear friends,

My question concerns the recording of Now You Has Jazz, by Bing Crosby and Louis Armstrong and his band, for the soundtrack of the 1956 MGM film High Society. The record was published in the aftermath of the 78 rpm era on Capitol 3506 (matrix E 15720-D). It is rather silly that the label states that the song is accompanied by Johnnie Green conducting the MGM Studio Orchestra, as we know that it is Armstrong's band that is featured on the record. I think this was very sloppy of Capitol.

For a book I am writing I would be much obliged if any of you can help me to the recording date and place of the record.

I thank you all, best wishes from cold and rainy Amsterdam, Europe.

Jan Hovers

 http://www.radionostalgia.nl
 http://www.hovers.nl