[78-L] The Warner Archives 6-DVD set of Vitaphone Shorts - GET IT NOW!!!

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 5 06:59:25 PST 2009

My copy came on Thursday and it made my week! There' over 11 hours (!) of great musical shorts on this SIX-DVD set. There are a few that have been previously released (like "Pie Pie Blackbird" and Sammy Davis Jr. in "Rufus Jones for President" but MOST of they haven't. They are not "restorted" but still in great condition. And each one can be watched separately. Nearly all the first disc is the complete run of "Ramblin Down Radio Row" which has wll known folks like Arthur TRacy, Jones & Hare and Baby Rose Marie along with overlooked but talented folks like Sylvia Foos.

Warners is literally giving this away at $39.95! (That's under $7.00 per disc!). I still have a lot morte to watch, and it came too late for me to cover in my December column in In The Groove (it will be in January issue) but I wanted to alert everyone that this is a MUST HAVE and shouyld be # 1 on your Holiday wish list! And if you have friends who love musicals from the 20s and 30s, it makes a great gift. Warners has more of these in their vaults and if this sells well they might do another multi-disc volume.

If you happen to have the old "Dwn of Sound" laser disc set, don't worry. This is different and, while a few are on that set, most of these are NEW to home video.). Also, unlike some other Warner sets, TCM is not airing these.

So, pass up a dinner out, or a few movies in theaters and grab this set ASAP! It's THAT good! (and you can pick up another single title or two to get free shipping over $50.00.

Here is the link:

http://tinyurl.com/ybbt662

Steve Ramm