[78-L] RARE Autograph

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 4 21:49:56 PST 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> In February 1965,

Actually, January 21-23. I not only should have remembered, I should have
looked at the poster I have on the wall in the next room.

> I was in a student revue at Ryerson ("RIOT '65") and there
> was a good luck telegram on the bulletin board by the dressing rooms, from
> Sophie Tucker. She was actually in Toronto at the time, so we were never sure.
>
> But of course it wasn't signed.

I'm still trying to determine the dates of Sophie's last Toronto engagement,
but she definitely was here..I just found a script I wrote that refers to her
celebrating her 62nd anniversary in show business that March, "shortly after an
appearance in Toronto".