[78-L] RCA-AFB Talking Books

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 2 20:53:09 PST 2009

I had a set of 4 Victrolac Talking Book discs which I ultimately unloaded on
someone in a trade..7 sides were a play or a reading, very badly done (amateur
night) and the 8th side was a reading from A. A. Milne. 12-inch,  small black
labels (same as mid 30s 78s) on one side and braille on the other.

And there were AFB recordings for the blind around 1933 made by Columbia's
Sound-On-Disc Division. I've had a number of test pressings (13 inch) but no
finished product. Some were voice tests, some were wholesale readings from
magazines, and one was a complete Sherlock Holmes program.

dl