[78-L] Basie - Queen Disc Q-015 questions

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Tue Dec 1 07:18:39 PST 2009

There are some discrepancies between the liner of Queen Disc Q-015 and the Lord discography, my copy being ver. 6.0.  I am assuming that Chris Sheridan's Basie discography, which i don't have, is correct.  Woul;d appreciate if someone with a copy can check the following and advise which is correct:

Oct 30, 1940  ROCKIN' THE BLUES.  LP liner says take -2, Lord says -1.
Jan 20, 1941 IT'S SQUARE BUT IT ROCKS.  Which take is on the LP?  Lord omits listing the LP.
Apr 10, 1941 9:20 SPECIAL.  LP liner says take -2, Lord says -1.

Art