[78-L] Amazon Quickie and death of DVD

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 10:35:38 PST 2009

I heard about this on NPR lately. Must have been marketplace. I forget
who was interviewed, I was driving at the time. His basic comment is
that Blu discs are becoming loss leaders, such as BD at Target in the
under $10 range. I stopped by last night and did see some for under $6,
not anything I want. Mixed throughout the DVD department, probably to
make you browse.

The expert's comment is that when these pricey (or over-pricy) things
have come down that much in so short a time period, the studios must be
taking a deep breath wondering about their profit margins.. .

joe salerno