[78-L] Wax!

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Fri Nov 27 18:40:31 PST 2009

This clip seems to show both how laminated records were made as well as
normal "biscuit pressing". One sequence shows a technician rolling out
the base dough and then coating it with a schlop of lacquer, but no
further pressing. Slightly later you can see a cube like biscuit being
centered in a press to be squooshed into a record.
 I loved the part where a gent is doing the final smoothing of a wax
master while wearing a suit! You never, NEVER wear a tie around spinning
machinery unless you have a death wish.
I would have liked to see more of the film this was clipped from.
Mal

*******