[78-L] Close the door, Richard

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 27 16:18:40 PST 2009

With its usual accuracy, WackyPackia credits Burl Ives with recording
"Richard". Actually, he recorded a parody that was only 3 or 4 years too late,
playing on another irritating pop song..it was called "Close The Door, Richard,
I've Just Seen The Thing". And it's as awful as the title suggests.

Note that every bit of dialog quoted in the WonkyPukia article is from the
Dusty Fletcher version.