[78-L] New 78 rpm re-issues - is there anything else but opera?

Michael Quinn mbquinn at powerup.com.au
Tue Nov 24 06:34:46 PST 2009

Milan P Milovanovic wrote:

>>The market for reissues, even the best
>>ones, is very small, and virtually everything that is put out gets swiped
>>and
>>put online for free.
>>
>>dl
>>

>Oh, but isn't it the same way with opera (excluding Nellie Melba recently
>discovered session)?
>
>M.

Hi Milan,
 The Melbas are from primary metals but are all previously known titles
so they are not a recently discovered session. The sound is mostly very
good but not spectacularly better than originals in good condition. The
problem for a present day collector is where do you find 1904 G&Ts in A1
condition. The new vinyl is generally going to sound better than most
surviving original pressings. I for one am very happy to have them in my
own collection.
Best Wishes
Mike Quinn