[78-L] New 78 rpm re-issues - is there anything else but opera?

Christopher Steward chris.1picc at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 11:01:43 PST 2009

Was it Symposium?

Chris

--- On Mon, 23/11/09, David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca> wrote:

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [78-L] New 78 rpm re-issues - is there anything else but opera?
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Date: Monday, 23 November, 2009, 3:59

Some time in the 90s, new vinyl pressings were made of instrumental classical
recordings from the EMI vaults. I'm thinking there was only one brief series of
single discs by Bela Bartok, Elgar conducting, and a few others..my brain
refuses to dredge up the name of the label, which still does a lot of
historical reissuing on CD. And I think Historic Masters was considering doing
jazz at one point but I don't know if anything came of the idea.

dl