[78-L] Blues Chasers and Millie Bosman

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Mon Nov 23 07:25:48 PST 2009

I have an MGM 78 number 11409 by The Blues Chasers - Birmingham Special coupled with Old Fashioned Blues.  According to the MGM book, it was recorded on October 31, 1952.  Conducted by Fred Norman, personnel included Taft Jordan, Sammy Taylor, Bert Keyes, Milt Hinton and Panama Francis.  It's not listed in Lord ver 6.0 although it is very much a jazz record.  The same date yielded MGM 11429 by Millie Bosman backed by the aforementioned band.  I've not heard the Bosman sides, so I don't know if they are of jazz interest or strictly R&B.  What I'm curious to know is if any of those sides had been issued on LP or CD.

Art