[78-L] newsprint song lyrics nagazines available

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Sun Nov 22 15:26:52 PST 2009

I have approximately 50, for lack of a better word, magazines of song lyrics.  They are not dated but seemingly date from the latter 1930s, I believe, and are bootleg in that the publishers of those issues are not identified.  Some may date from the early 1940s.  There are no illustrations except for the cover.  They are all newsprint, some in better condition that others, but all somewhat fragile.  They are free, available to anyone for the cost of shipping which, within the USA should be about $5 media mail.  Each magazine contains lyrics to approximately 200 or more songs.  The entire lot stacks about 3.5 inches.  These song folios go by names such as Stop! Look! Read! / Prosperity, of which there are 28 issues ranging from numbers 17 through 120; Big Song Hits - 6 issues; Connecticut Folio - 3 issues; etc.  If interested, contact me off list.

Those song folios should not be confused with any of the several magazines of the 1930s-1950s that published song lyrics and contained photos, articles and advertisements, and which publisher information.

Art