[78-L] 78rpm Audiodisc acetate with japanese(?) titles/artist credits

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Nov 19 23:43:33 PST 2009

From: Matthew Duncan <duncdude2000 at yahoo.com>
> I will attempt to paste a link to the pics into this email

I didn't see the URL in the message.  Attachments are stripped out of
postings onto the list.  Generally you have to either send them to those
who ask for them or else use a posting site.  Occasionally there are
people here who can read an oriental language, so label scans do help.

> It is a 10 inch metal acetate with black vinyl coating made by Audiodisc

These are properly called "lacquer discs" and they have cellulose
nitrate coatings, not vinyl and not acetate.  Audiodisc is an American
company and the recording might have been made or dubbed here in the
U.S., although the discs were used around the world.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com