[78-L] ^ NBC Documentary Recording FDR set (ot)

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Nov 19 19:31:50 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com>
> From: "martha" <MLK402 at verizon.net>
>> Funny and very odd - I know someone who REFUSES to even utter "FDR" -
>> this person insists upon calling it "The EAST SIDE HIGHWAY". 70 years
>> later, and Archie Bunker's father still holds sway over some people ....
>> haha
> I assume that this person was around during FDR's administration, so
> therefore I also assume he has refused to take his Social Security
> payments.  If he cashes the checks, he is a hypocrite.
> Mike (HAPPY to accept my Social Security checks) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

I will be VERY happy to receive my US Social Security money...IF they ever
start sending it to me!! I applied through the Canadian government (the
money
will be in theory added to my Canada Pension Plan payments)...I submitted my
request way back in March, and so far no $$$ have appeared!

My late father was a diehard Chicago Tribune reader/follower who was
convinced
that FDR was the ruination of the US and all things good! By the time he was
old
enough to collect Social Security, he was too sick to be aware (he died of
lung
cancer after about 50 years of heavy smoking...NO filters...!) so he never
had
to figure out the contradictions...?!

Steven C. Barr