[78-L] NBC Documentary Recording FDR set

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Wed Nov 18 14:50:47 PST 2009

I recently turned up a two volume, 12 disc set (6 discs per volume) of  "...Rendezvous With Destiny" - Franklin Delano Roosevelt.  The records, a set of speeches by the late American president, are 12-inch vinyl.  The labels have matrix and side numbers, the former which start with ND6-MC-71 and continue consecutively.  I've not yet listened to the discs, but the liner of the set indicates narration by Cesar Searchinger, orchestral score by Tom Bennett, orch conducted by Norman Cloutier and narrations by Carleton Smith, Ben Grauer and Ed Hirlihy.  I assume reference to narration by Searchinger is that he wrote the text rather than recorded it.  At the bottom of the liner it reads: First in a series of NBC DOCUMENTARY RECORDINGS designed expressly for education use.  Editorial advisor for the series was Dr. James Rowland Angel, public service couselor for NBC and president emeritus of Yale Univ,

Unfortunately, the spines on the two volumes are completely missing, but at least the albums are otherwise physically intact.  And, it has the original 8 page booklet.  Does anyone else on list have this set or any other sets in the series?  And, what are the other sets?

Art