[78-L] HMV Fats Waller

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 16 06:29:09 PST 2009

Thanks to Dr. B and both Davids. Sure I've seen the movie; but for some reason I didn't connect this recording with the one in the film. Of course, there's the 1929 solo version which is a longtime favorite, and a later "Waller and his Rhythm" incarnation from a standard 10" Bluebird that I'm also familiar with, plus his soundie of it. So you can imagine how I felt when I heard this and it didn't ring a bell; the arrangement is completely different from the other performances.

Uncle Dave Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com