[78-L] Symphonie Fantastique

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 13 11:26:19 PST 2009

Am I reading that correctly? FOURTEEN sides for the acoustical version? That
would explain why new matrix numbers were used for the remake, unless English
Columbia's policy was to reuse numbers except when they hadn't been issued. Odd
thing..English Columbia's early electrical recordings usually ran shorter
(different groove spacing) and could have required more sides, not less, than
acoustical equivalents.

dl