[78-L] Collectors and 'hoarders'

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Thu Nov 12 10:20:49 PST 2009

At 11:33 PM 11/11/2009, you wrote:

>Yes, a few that were still in my area I was able to go through.
>Mostly, people already have made arrangements to dispose of
>collections as a whole, which means only those with names like Nauck
>can afford to buy them. We piecemeal collectors can't shell out
>five-to-ten grand or more to buy someone's archive.
>

>Cary Ginell

Well today people see the "proposed value" of records & try to get
that price for them instead of passing them along free to other
collectors in a will which is how I got those 3 collections. They
were left in a will so I didn't have to pay for them. On the other
hand people try to sell records & I wish them good luck!!