[78-L] Collectors and 'hoarders'

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Wed Nov 11 22:52:37 PST 2009

>Isn't it illegal for milk crates to be in private hands? Or is that
>just a U.S. "policy"?

I can imagine the reaction of the police in most U.S. cities to a
report of this crime: "We'll get the milk crate division on the case
right away! We need something to do, since no other laws are being broken."

On the other hand, with the downturn in the economy cities are
looking for ways to make up for lost tax revenue. Maybe they'll start
issuing milk crate permits, and sending out inspectors to fine the
non-compliant. We can sit on our porches with shotguns across our
laps, keeping watch for revenooers.

Seriously, I keep most of my records in milk crates. I found a big
pile of crates once in a spot where people often toss stuff to avoid
paying the county dump. I've also bought new crates.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/