[78-L] Non-Music Release on Tops

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 11 07:22:46 PST 2009

This is more an observation about an oddity being offered on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Railroad-Sounds-Tops-1020-78rpm-10-Record_W0QQitemZ220508872116QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item33575a5db4

It is a 78 of train sounds, in a picture sleeve that says Authentic
Train Sounds. The sleeve says 'Tops for Tots' but the label just says Tops.

What I had to chuckle about was that; given the fact the the majority
of stuff on Tops was cover versions with (hopefully) sound alike
artists, I could just imagine some guy in a studio doing train
imitations (chug chug toot toot wooo-wooo) or perhaps they had
someone rev a truck engine and honk the horn and the slowed down the
tape so that it sounded like a train.

Just a funny thought for the day.