[78-L] a set of Victor PRogram transcriptions

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Tue Nov 10 22:47:45 PST 2009

At 12:12 PM 11/10/2009, you wrote:
>I never knew such things existed....a 4 hour reading on 20 10" sides.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130343451724&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
>
>js

Must be the very first commercial release audiobook. From listening
to parts of a few of the mp3 files the reading seems to be very good.

I wonder when the first Library Of Congress talking book records for
the blind came out? They would have been 33 rpm & either 10 or
perhaps 12 inches in diameter. Later (I'm not sure when) they went to
10 inch 16 rpm records that ran 45 minutes per side. I've never seen
the 33 rpm ones. Only the 16 & 8 rpm records......