[78-L] Let's Hear The Record - Gotham 78

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Tue Nov 10 12:58:08 PST 2009

Can anyone provide date and perhaps other info regarding record that appears to be Decca pressing - matrices 76468A and 76469A?  Labels are white with blue print.  Side 1 label reads LET'S HEAR THE RECORD!  - Part 1 - Taken from the speeches of candidate Roosevelt -- The voice is NOT the Voice of the Third Term Candidate - but the WORDS are irrevocably his.  Listen to them! / Distributed by Gotham Record Company, Inc, 205 East 42nd Street, New York City.  The matrix number without the A appears at the bottom of the label in font style used by Decca for record numbers.  The side 2 label has only LET'S HEAR THE RECORD - part 2 with matrix number at bottom.  I acquired a couple of copies of the disc at the same estate sale where I acquired a batch of Liberty Music Shop records and wonder if this disc may have been associated with the LMS label.

Art