[78-L] BISHOP PRESSING

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue Nov 10 07:33:19 PST 2009

I came across this pressing plant when doing my research on the Jazz Man record label. The Bishop stamp is found on pressings on the Crescent label, which produced 8 issues by Kid Ory for the Jazz Man Record Shop. The Bishop Presses were located on 810 Rollin St. in South Pasadena and were hired by Nesuhi Ertegun, to press the Crescent 78s. Bishop’s advertising promised “high quality phonograph records” and boasted of being “caterers to collectors’ jazz labels.”

Cary Ginell