[78-L] saving an album

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Fri Nov 6 21:25:59 PST 2009

At 09:00 AM 11/6/2009, you wrote:
>Question #2.
>
>I acquired a reasonably nice set of 78s that had been stored in a
>fellow's garage. So plenty of moldy smell, silver fish and the like
>crawling all over it. I don't think I will do much about the smell or
>the fact that the paper is rather dried out.
>
>Surprisingly, it is in decent enough condition. The pockets look clean.
>I would like to know what I may do to prevent bringing other critters
>into the house, should there be eggs hiding down in the cracks
>somewhere. Perhaps placing it in a plastic baggie and freezing it for a
>few days in the freezer? Some other way of treating it?
>
>joe salerno

I would take each 78 out of it's album, clean it then put it in a new
(clean) sleeve. After that I'd look carefully through the jackets
(inside the sleeves too) for anything that doesn't belong there if
they are album jackets with a picture on the front. If not then I'd
just throw the jackets away.....