[78-L] Happy 100th, Johnny Mercer

Scott Wenzel scott at mosaicrecords.com
Fri Nov 6 10:57:09 PST 2009

For all you Mercer fans, I wonder if you're aware of our Mosaic set on
Johnny Mercer (That's right folks...another shameless plug). Notes were done
by Billy Vera and Margaret Whiting and I had research help from some of you
including Don Chichester, David Lennick and Dave Weiner. It's one of our 3
disc selects where a handful of Capitol sides were picked including some
nice previously unissued titles:

With Billy Butterfield Orch             NYC, September 20, 1944
296-1		Evelina

With Jo Stafford and Paul Weston Orch        LA, December 13, 1944
519-1A	Mrs. Wiggs Of The Cabbage Patch

With Paul Weston Orch                  LA, November 16, 1945
817-2		Sweet Lorraine

With Paul Weston Orch                  LA, November 21, 1945
823-1		By The River St. Marie

With Paul Weston Orch			LA, May 23, 1946
1125-2	 The Object Of My Affection

With The Pied Pipers and Paul Weston Orch		LA, May 26, 1946
1130-4	 Baby I'm True To You
1131-2	 Sugar Blues

With Paul Weston Orch                       LA, January 24, 1947
1608-3	Possum Song

With The Pied Pipers and Paul Weston Orch		LA, December 17,
1947
2901-2     	The Peanut Vendor

Scott Wenzel