[78-L] A *nice* Billy Murray question...

Randy Skretvedt forwardintothepast at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 08:36:15 PST 2009

My friend Miles Kreuger is trying to find a record used in the 1967 film "The Night They Raided Minsky's."  He's pretty sure the song is "Dixie Moon," written in 1911 by Sam Erlich (lyric) and Albert Gumbel (music).  The only record he knows of is a Victor version by Collins and Harlan, but when he played the soundtrack version over the phone to me last night we both agreed that it was Billy Murray's voice coming through loud and clear (as it always does), supplemented by maybe a trio or quartet.

Any of you Murrayphiles know of such a recording?

Many thanks for any information you might provide.
--Randy Skretvedt