[78-L] Now's your chance, boys and girls

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Nov 3 20:55:23 PST 2009

---- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Beard" <soundssights71 at yahoo.com>
>I SERIOUSLY doubt that the seller will receive thier asking price. If not,
>just wait them out.....eventually, they'll realize that their price is a
>dream, and just that...a dream. Let's cool our thoughts for a while, but
>BOY, would I love to own the phonograph! In this life, NEVER say
>never...and the seller will ship from Switzerland, is it? SERIOUS thoughts
>of ill-packing possible...broken discs...etc. I own one of the sets...by
>Phil Spitalny and his All-Girl Orchestra...in the original "box". I paid
>the lavish price of (drumroll please....) $2.00. EXCELLENT condition...no
>scratches or scuffs. The illustration work on that set is incredible,
>ESPECIALLY on "Blue Skies".

Actually.I have all the Vogues I want! I have one...bought at a Toronto
Symphony Bazaar
for 75 cents...as well, I have one of the Mercury "promo" discs that were
pressed by Vogue...
bought it off a 78 auction list, guessing what the dealer was selling!

Otherwise, I'd rather buy a whole bunch of 78's with my $35 than one
Vogue...?!

Steven C. Barr