[78-L] Help NPR pick 50 TOP Voices .............

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Nov 3 11:54:29 PST 2009

>> http://tinyurl.com/yepjaye
>>

>> Steve
>
> Bah.  Any list that misses Blind Willie Johnson and Annette Hanshawe, to
> name only a couple of missing names, isn't worth it.

>      David Sanderson
>      East Waterford, Maine

I was amazed how many of these people I'd never heard of.   Also...some of
the inclusions seemed a little odd to me.  I think I'd remove Morrissey  for
one,  and replace him with Sid Gary.

I was also surprised that the list didn't include Anita O'Day...but they
bothered to include Chet Baker!?!?!!?

That said,  I'm content so long as the list includes Ethel Waters,  from
whom all pop singers flow.

Taylor