[78-L] Help NPR pick 50 TOP Voices .............

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Tue Nov 3 10:50:30 PST 2009

>http://tinyurl.com/yepjaye
>
>Steve

A problem I have with this poll is that they don't define their
criteria. Are they looking for great entertainers? Influence?
Technical mastery? Creativity? How am I supposed to compare someone
like Bob Dylan, who wrote some great songs but who often sounds like
an unoiled hinge, with someone like Ella Fitzgerald, whose voice was
nearly perfect technically but who never wrote a thing?

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/