[78-L] George Shearing

RUSSELL BARNES r.barnes4 at btopenworld.com
Mon Nov 2 03:13:06 PST 2009

Re George Shearing,

Some years ago the widow of UK discographer, author and journalist Ralph Venables, very kindly gave me a number of jazz related items.   This included a twelve inch 78rpm disc issued by the London Transcription Service of the BBC (numbered 12PM 18243).

The radio programme is undated - but I suggest circa 1946 - appears to have been called Salute To Rhythm.  It features the Phil Green Orch with announcer Jack Jackson who introduces.George Shearing who plays a very good Honky Tonk Train Blues.

Anyone any information please  ?.

Russ B.