[78-L] Lang Worth oddity

david.diehl at hensteeth.com david.diehl at hensteeth.com
Sun Nov 1 15:38:14 PST 2009

While rummaging around the Princeton Record Exchange I found a little stack of Lang-Worth 8-inch transcriptions. They look like the 1940's pressings and even have the old style sleeves but the labels say "Collector's Items" and have little blurbs about the bands. The stash was all oft-reissued dance band material so the only one I bought was Claude Thornhill's "Portrait of a Guinea Farm." It was only a buck. Pencil notations on the sleeve show playdates 1964-5. Any of you radio guys encounter these?
DJD

Visit the Blue Pages: the Encyclopedic Guide to 78 RPM Party Records
http://www.hensteeth.com