[78-L] Billy Murray's Lucia lowbrow, Porky Pig too

Steve Shapiro steveshapiro1 at juno.com
Sun Nov 1 12:14:55 PST 2009

One of my favorites of Billy's and of Berlin's is the Lucia Sextette Burlesque on Victor 17119.  Issued in 1912, in the catalogue for 10 years.  I think one of the Caruso versions might have been included as a package of records that came with new Victrolas.

Not to be missed.  Is this on the web somewhere?

I got my copy for $1 at Abbey in New York c 1981.

There is also a version of the Lucia sextette at the end of a Porky Pig cartoon.  Also a beaut./steve