[78-L] ODJB in a movie!?!?!!?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Oct 31 12:54:14 PDT 2009

I don't have my copy of Meeker right handy,  but I don't recall him
mentioning any movie called  "The Good For Nothing" (1917) which lists La
Rocca,  Shields,  Sbarbaro and Ragas as members of the cast.

I know there were more than a few silent movies which had actual jazz
players on screen,  but this one was news to me.

Not doubt the film has vanished...anyone aware of production stills or other
material about the movie ever turning up?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0008025/fullcredits#cast

Taylor

P.S.  My Billy Murray comment for the day...just got a copy of the 12"
Victor of the Jos. C. Smith Orch playing Ching-
A-Ling's Jazz Bazzar...Billy sings a great chorus on that one!