[78-L] R. Crumb WSJ

Gregg Kimball gdkimball at cox.net
Fri Oct 30 04:58:10 PDT 2009

Went to see Crumb here in Richmond on Tuesday at the restored Carpenter
Center.  It was basically an extended interview with questions at the end.
Most of the discussion was about his career and art, but they did touch on
his musical interests.  He talked about how much he enjoys the ritual and
physicality of playing old 78 records.  Also that he can't work while
listening to his records--that takes total involvement!  I probably wouldn't
have gone except that a good friend really wanted to see him, but I must say
he was pretty funny and interesting.

Gregg Kimball