[78-L] Metal 78 Stampers

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 29 20:22:12 PDT 2009

Vera was on EMI well after the Decca years, with those "Hits of the Blitz"
albums. A CD of these (I presume) for the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of
WWII went right to the top of the charts last month and I'm told it knocked the
Beatles Box out of top spot.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2009/09/14/vera-lynn.html#at

Right, it says "recorded over 70 years ago" so I don't know if they made a deal
to use the original Deccas or her 50s/60s later recordings.

dl