[78-L] Cutting Decelit (or lacquer?) disc on vintage equipment

Milan P Milovanovic milanpmilovanovic4 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 19:04:06 PDT 2009

Dear members,

I've been listening to recording engineer more closely and carefully at the
label.

At 0:34 he pronounced "Decelit" and also something as "foil" in German.

So, it is Decelit, not lacquer and certainly not shellac disc!

Matter of fact, I've never seen such rigid Decelit and in such small
diameter.

Too much work with brush across the plate.

That method shown at the beginning of "Crossroads" movie makes much more
sense to me - smaller brush to struggle with residue/sawdust.

Best wishes,

Milan