[78-L] Getting needled

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Oct 27 19:52:35 PDT 2009

I just got a 1934  33 1/3 transcription (inside out) on the "Titan Library
Service" label from San Francisco.

The label instructs me in no uncertain terms to "Use Chromium Yellow Shank
Long Playing Needles on this record."

I've looked all over the house,  garage,  glove box in the car,  etc.  and
I'm fresh out of those things...whatever the hell they are.

Would it be OK to use a modern LP stylus or will I ruin the olde diske?  I
tried it with the 78 stylus and it sounded crappy although the music is
fantastic (one side is the legendary Williams-Walsh Hotel Mark Hopkins
Orch.).

Any of you techies able to advise me on this?

Many thanks from

Taylor