[78-L] Images of Al Jolson's Grave

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Oct 26 19:38:29 PDT 2009

From: Cary Ginell <soundthink at live.com>
> Wonder if he designed it himself. Considering his gargantuan ego, it wouldn't surprise me.
> Cary Ginell

I think so.  Originally there was supposed to be his singing coming out
of the life-size statue, but it was mute when I visited it.  Note the
white mausoleum building behind the gravesite.  Inside are the resting
places of other stars like Jack and Mary Benny, Eddie and Ida Cantor,
and many other notables.  But Al is outside, out front.  The others are
more comfy inside.  It's air conditioned.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: bruce78rpm at comcast.net