[78-L] Billy Murray Tribute?!

bobhope at optonline.net bobhope at optonline.net
Mon Oct 26 07:58:13 PDT 2009

The section of the cemetery where Billy Murray is buried has narrow graves.  There is only room for a small stone, and the cemetery has rules as to the height the stone may be.  There is another grave backed up to his grave, and the headstone for that grave is backed onto his, making the reverse side unusable for inscription.  My mother and father are buried in a similar site nearby.

The next time I'm in the area I'll check to see if the grave index indicates if Billy's wife is buried with him.  As far as adding any inscriptions to the stone, I believe that the plot owner, probably some family member, however distant, would have to approve it.  I know that to have my mother's name added to the existing stone for my father I had to produce the deed to the plot.  If the cemetery office is open when I'm there I'll inquire about it.

Bob Lang