[78-L] A Billy Murray Tribute?!

Bud Black banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Sat Oct 24 10:52:03 PDT 2009

Years ago, while I was passing through Richmond, Indiana, I visited the
grave site of Singin' Sam (Al Frankel).  Engraved on his plaque (which was
in the form of an old radio microphone) were these words, "Howdy folks, here
s your old friend Singin' Sam."  Since he was a Richmond native, I'm sure he
s on the Walk Of Fame, and he did record for Gennett.

Bud