[78-L] Stenhammer on record

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Wed Oct 21 13:27:17 PDT 2009

Stenhammar accompanied Forsell on seven titles recorded for Gramophone
Company in 1903.
The Swedish National Discography lists no other recordings of his work as
pianist, and no recordings, whatsoever, of Stenhammar as conductor. He died
in 1927, but was employed by leading orchestras in his lifetime.
I'm sure you know that Forsell, in the 1920's, was head of the Swedish Royal
Opera, and the one who took on Jussi Bjorling, giving  him song lessons.
Kristjan