[78-L] Music collectibles and vinyl or whatever it's called

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sun Oct 18 13:30:22 PDT 2009

Just got back from the semi-annual collectibles show.  They had a few 78s, (the person who runs it told me that dl must have come in a bought all of the classical 78s at 10AM, while I was still sleeping).  Met an interesting person who was something of an expert on CHUM charts and CKEY hit parade charts, (these are Toronto radio stations who were heavily into hit parade charts in the 50s, 60s etc).  While there was lots of vinyl LPs and 45s, I only walked out with a number of DVDs.  I'm told that in the spring there is going to be a huge table of 78s at $1 each but, unfortunately, I'll be in Florida then.

db