[78-L] More Red Ingle Questions

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 17 11:00:15 PDT 2009

Being a completist about things and a fan of Red Ingle I have set out
on a quest to gather up all of his stuff. To that end I am just shy
one 78, that being Pool b/w People are Funny on Capitol 1599. Also, I
just acquired the pre-Capitol Enterprise 78 (299) of It Ain't Never
Hurt Me None So Far b/w I Tipped My Hat and Slowly Rode Away. Don't
have the United Artists edition of that though.

Anyway -- a few Red Ingle notes and questions:

1) The Bear Family CD references Comin' Round the Mountain March
being on an Australian lp. This is true, but misleading. The lp in
question is from 1987 and is called Cigareets, Whuskey, and Other
Hillbilly "Masterpieces", and is on Axis AX 701339, an EMI family
budget label. There, the track is actually titled She'll Be Comin'
'Round the Mountain

2) Just acquired the odd duck in the Red Ingle catalogue -- Capitol
57-722	- Temptation b/w Cigareetes, Whuskey, and Wild, Wild Women
from 1949. Anyone know why these old tracks were re-issued?

3) Back to the United Artists release. What was the catalogue number on that.

4) Also just acquired the Spin-O-Rama lp Starring the Country Music
of Red Ingle. It is glorious electronically reprocessed mono to
simulate mud. Actually its not that bad. Supposedly these are from
the 'Snader Transcriptions'. Anyone have any background on these.

And finally ...

5) Ted Weems! -- I have Red Ingle's Spike Jones stuff figured out,
but am looking for a resource for a listing of his work with Ted
Weems. Anyone know of one?

The goal here is to do a website on Red almost as the ultimate Red
Ingle resource. So, any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks