[78-L] Just what you always wanted

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 13 14:51:22 PDT 2009

We watched Sullivan's Travels the other night..never seen it before. And in the
scene where Sullivan has his epiphany, a Mickey Mouse is shown in a small
southern church on a flickering ancient silent projector and the church
organist provides the accompaniment, as late as 1941 (or the end of the 30s, at
any rate, per the plot's context). I wonder how late that practice persisted?

dl