[78-L] Peace Crimes

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 13 08:46:38 PDT 2009

Whoa..the folk music? The set with Josh White? Ghastly. I can donate that
turkey to the ToNY site if anybody wants to suffer.

Lee Wiley, to my mind, sang far better on that soupy 1935 Victor Young
recording of I've Got You Under My Skin. She did some not too bad things in the
LMS sets but the great jazzmen are carrying her. By the 50s I find her unbearable.

dl