[78-L] Peace Crimes

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Oct 12 22:36:21 PDT 2009

I love Lee Wiley.  Not like,  love.   Night In Manhattan (with Bobby Hackett
and Joe Bushkin) is my favorite vocal album,  by my favorite female vocalist
(or "girl singer,"  if you like).

To David L,  I would just say "Tew each his own!"

Worst 20s vocalist I've heard on record?  A gentleman on the  Benson All
Star Orchestra Columbia sides from 1928 with the lovely name of Cloyd
Griswold...beyond belief how terrible he is.

I like Ruth Etting,  but a lot of other people do as well.  Here are some
20s singers I like who don't seem to have so  many fans:

Sid Gary
Charles W. Hamp
Irving Kaufman
Dolly Kay