[78-L] Found Henry Made of Lady out of Lizzie

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 15:37:24 PDT 2009

Jim Whipkey wrote:
> I've seen references on this list about  the record Henry made a lady out of Lizzie, but until this week, never heard it.  Bought a  stack of old records at an auction and lo and behold, it was  in a stack of  loose  78s, about 30 of them.  The records were all in pretty good shape except for my Lizzie record, it had a crack  the length of the record from the edge to the label.  While perhaps not the best  solution, I  put super glue inside the crack,  let it rest on a  flat level and  the record plays   pretty good,  just a slight  sound when it  hits the  repair  line.   The other side is another one I've heard, but never had a copy on record, I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream.   The record is a Pathe label, I'm assuming it came out  CA 1921,  anyone have  more specifics?
> Jim Whipkey
Here are the details from Ty Settlemier's Pathe listing:

32329	PAUL JOHNSON	I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE
CREAM	107981	PE12408	-	12/?/27
32329	PAUL JOHNSON (J.KAUFMAN)	HENRY'S MADE A LADY OUT OF LIZZIE
107982	PE12408	-	12/?/27

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4501 (20091012) __________

http://www.eset.com