[78-L] Cleaning a Metal Mother

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Sat Oct 10 18:54:35 PDT 2009

As a secondary question to this I picked up 3 aluminum personal recordings this weekend.  Two Speak-O-Phones and one Marvel Voice Reproducing Record..  The Speak-O-Phones were fine but the Marvel record has oxidation on it..  Do you think lightly using a metal polish would work, like the Noxon Metal Polish?  Obviously the sound will be terrible anyway but it would be nice to remove the oxidation and try to save some of the sound.  I won't play it right now for fear of destroying my stylus.

Glenn