[78-L] New 78s (yes that sorta topic again!)

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 10 13:09:18 PDT 2009

At 19:50 10/10/2009, you wrote:
>One I've heard of, but never seen or heard:
>
>Apple 44 (10" vinyl 78, issued in UK only):  'Saturday nite special' b/w
>'Valse de soleil coucher' ('Sundown waltz') by the Sundown Playboys, from
>1972.  Labels state 'A Swallow Records Production'.

Oh yes -- I forgot that one. I have seen a picture of one. Its on:

http://www.jpgr.co.uk/col_apple44.html

Can't tell, but it looks like a (UK-) 45 rpm label.

Oh -- and I think there was also a We Hate It When Our Friends Become
Successful by Morrisey on HMV. You can see it on

<http://www.krix-s.de/morrissey_releases1.htm>www.krix-s.de/morrissey_releases1.htm